If you enjoy walking and getting freebies, then you will probably love the mobile app Sweatcoin, which awards you for walking. It’s a simple and easy to use app, which is available on Google Play and App Store. A great new feature enables indoor steps to be counted now too.
Since using the app, I have claimed over £350 worth of products for free. For some products, delivery costs still apply, however from all my purchases through Sweatcoin, I have only paid £14 in shipping costs, which I think is fair enough considering the amount of money saved from getting the products free.
What I Spent My Sweatcoins On
Below is a list of all the offers and freebies I have claimed with my sweatcoins:
- A free month (30 stacks) of personalised 3D-printed vitamins by Nourished (worth £40) – cost 9.99 sweatcoins and £3.95 shipping. Check out their current offer on our free money page.
- 3 months free trial of Tidal HiFi (worth £60) – cost was free (0 sweatcoins).
- Massage Foam Roller (worth £17.99) from Supreme Shark – cost 749.99 SWC and £2.95 shipping.
- Box of 8 Swisse Me smoothies (worth £14) – cost 7.99 sweatcoin and £2.99 shipping.
- Yoga International 30 day free trial + premium course (worth £114) – cost was free then £12/month after.
- 4 capsule theanine sample (worth £4.99) by Brain Feed – cost 4.99 SWC.
- Chia Charge protein bars (worth £1o) – cost £1 and free shipping in UK.
- 3 months free subscription of 8fit (worth £29.99)
- One month of Headspace meditation app subscription (worth £9.99) – cost 1 SWC
- An eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush (worth £4) from Brushbox – free
- 60 days of Daily Burn for free (worth £31) – free
- MaxFit Resistance Exercise Band (worth $23.99) – cost 7.99 SWC and $3.97 shipping.
I could have redeemed a lot more offers by now too because I have over 1000 SWC, however I’m saving them up for a higher costing offer.
How Does Sweatcoin Work?
Instead of earning money directly, sweatcoins are used as currency within the app, which can be used to buy offers, products or cash. Some offers are free and don’t cost any sweatcoins.
To begin earning sweatcoins, simply download the mobile app, register, turn on GPS and begin walking. A good thing about the app is that it runs in the background and counts your steps, so you can easily accumulate sweatcoins out and about without even being on your phone. 1000 verified steps convert to 1 sweatcoin, minus 5% commission.
How To Get Extra Sweatcoins
With a free account, you can only earn up to 5 sweatcoins per dayor up to 150 per month. However you can earn up to 75 extra sweatcoins with the daily bonuses. To unlock all 3 daily bonuses, you must walk 1000 steps in a day. Next, you must watch a 30 second ad, per bonus, to receive a random prize from 0 – 25 sweatcoins.
If you want to earn even more sweatcoins, you can upgrade your account to a higher level, which costs a certain amount of sweatcoins monthly, however you are then able to earn more monthly. The different account levels are below:
- Mover (Price: Free) – Earn up to 5 SWC per day or 150 per month
- Shaker (Price: 4.75 SWC) – 10 per day or 300 per month
- Quaker (Price: 20 SWC) – 15 per day or 450 per month
- Breaker (Price: 30 SWC) – 20 per day or 600 per month
- Trouble Maker – coming soon
The final way to earn some extra sweatcoins is via their referral program, in which you get 5 free SWC per referral.
What Can I Spend My SWC On?
As the app is based around walking and fitness, most of the available offers are based around nutrition, fitness, health and wellbeing, which I think is great. Although, other types of offers are available too.
On the app, there are four different sections of offers:
- Offers For Today – About 5 different offers that change regularly, so make sure you claim the offer asap because some offers sell out too.
- Crowdfunding – This section enables you to donate your sweatoins to charities and good causes.
- Marathon Offers – As the name suggests, you need to save up a lot of sweatcoins to redeem these high-priced offers, including $1000 cash (20,000 SWC), a Samsung TV (20,000 SWC) and headphones (16,000 SWC).
- Bucket List – Similarly to the marathon offers, these cost between 18,000 SWC and 20,000 SWC and includes trips and experiences, such as flying to Disney World for 5 days and dining at the Eiffel Tower.